Wednesday, October 31st 12:00-2:00pm
Move your engagement of volunteers up a notch – by engaging leaders and skilled volunteers to save money, make money and get the job done. Tap more volunteers in such areas as finance, IT, marketing, graphic & web design, events planning and many other areas. See how, with the right level of support and vetting, volunteers can take on key leadership roles – even serving as part-time program managers. Discover what motivates the new breed of volunteer to give their time and money. Findings from a recent Volunteer Engagement Stars report showcases nonprofits that leverage stakeholders in new and innovative ways.
Areas covered include:
- Challenges faced by nonprofits in this economy and role volunteers can play
- Spectrum of volunteer engagement framework Nonprofit culture around volunteering: How did we get here?
- Understanding why nonprofit staff are resistant – especially to leader volunteers
- Success stories from local nonprofits where volunteers bring an impressive return on investment.
- Interchangeable nature of nonprofit stakeholders: Today’s volunteer is tomorrow’s donor.
- Shifting from volunteer management model to volunteer engagement model
- Utilizing capacity building volunteers
- Eight key recommendations
**To get prepared for next week’s event, check out this great Q&A featured in The Chronicle for Philanthropy.