In this episode of the Lead. Learn. Thrive. Podcast, the hot topic of “Millennials in Nonprofits” is addressed. Raffa’s Marketing Coordinator, Rachel Caldwell, and ABCD & Company’s Partner, Durecia Moorer highlight how hiring millennials in the nonprofit sector can be beneficial in a multitude of ways.
Some of the topics observed include:
- Positive aspects about nonprofits hiring millennials
- How millennials can make an impact within their organization
- Why millennials should look into positions within nonprofits rather than a more corporate environment
- How to make the move from a corporate environment to the nonprofit sector
- How to retain millennials at your organization
Durecia notes different opportunities for nonprofits to offer millennials as incentives including networking functions such as happy hours, a decent salary, and the ability to work from home. Millennials, Baby Boomers, and other generations should be able to collaborate in a cohesive manner and generate ideas that may not have been thought of initially.
Ultimately, an abundance of opportunities present themselves (to both the millennials themselves as well as to other generations) through the hiring of younger individuals.